Building Your Dream Home
Thinking about building a home, but you don’t know where to begin? Building your dream home doesn’t have to be a daunting or overwhelming process. When working with Legacy Realty & Development, creating your custom home can be stress-free and rewarding! Our agents have well-established relationships with local builders to help assist through this home-building process!
1. Figure out the budget
Here at Legacy Realty, we are committed to helping you make wise financial decisions. Knowing what you can afford in your build will help us know where, the size, and the type of home that you can build. Getting pre-approved will allow you to have concrete numbers. We recommend you check your credit report, speak with multiple lenders, and consider your mortgage options!
Knowing your budget is essential to a stress-free building experience. Without knowing how much you can spend, it is impossible to decide the other details of your home. Things to factor into your budget include:
- Cost of the land
- Local Feeds & Taxes
- Home Construction
- Landscaping Costs
- Decorating and Furnishing
- A Contingency Budget
2. Determine where you want to live
Working hand-in-hand with your Legacy Realtors, we will be able to help pick your land lot and/or neighborhood. Knowing what area you would like to live in will help immensely in this process.
When looking at properties, consider the following:
- The size of the lot
- How close are your neighbors
- The style of other houses in the neighborhood
- Access to resources (will you need a well, septic tank, new power/phone hookups?)
3. Design your custom home
Instead of adapting to the layout of an existing home, you get to design a home that completely meets your needs! You can create a space specific to the way you and your family live. Start by thinking broadly about style. What elements do you particularly like? With your builder, you will decide all the features- from doorknobs and counters to the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Determine what size your home should be. Ask yourself how many stories you’d like your home to be, how many bedrooms, bathrooms, living spaces do you need?
- Consider the type of layout and structural features you would like in each room. Do you want an open layout or separate spaces? Are there any special features, such as fireplaces, heated floors, etc.
- Create separate lists of “needs,” “wants,” “dreams,” and “don’t wants” as well as knowing your priorities on which rooms are the most important to you.
- Collect Inspiration photos of what you do and don’t like- either from home magazines, Pinterest, or Google.
- Our Realtors at Legacy are here to assist you through the home-building process. Give us a call today for more information about building your perfect home.